SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

Going into this race weekend I was super excited because Vail lake is one of my favorite courses to race, and camp at, but I was also very nervous because I wanted to do well. We left for vail around 8:30pm Friday and got there by 10:00pm, by that time I was tired and went to bed right after we arrived.
Saturday I woke up and ate breakfast, and went to go hang out with some team mates, Then around 11:00am we all decided to go pre-ride the course. The pre-ride was fun but crowded, the course was in great conditions, and the laps were not a lot of climbing so I knew the race would be fast. After the pre-ride I went to my trailer, got my hammock and hung it in a tree by the race course and watched the middle school races. After the races we had a quick SoCal devo team meeting, then afterwards I went up to my trailer to eat dinner and prep for the next day.
   The morning of the race I could feel the race nerves, but I tried to relax. I ate breakfast, went to our team meeting, then headed up to my trailer to make sure everything was ready to go. Before I knew it it was time to warm up and get ready to race. After my warm up Alyssa and I headed to the start line and waited for our call ups. Sitting on the start line I got even more nervous, but before I knew it It
 was go time.
From the start everyone sprinted to the first single track, by this time I was in 3rd with Genevieve leading and Mady in 2nd, and my sister was right behind me. This lasted till we were on the main fire road climb, then Marjie went up and lead the pack, putting me in 4th. I noticed that she was starting to break away to I decided to go follow her, putting me in 2nd. I followed her for the rest of the lap.

Going into the 2nd lap it was hot and windy, but I was feeling good. Going into the main fire road, Marjie had gotten a little gap on me, then I was in no mans land with no one right in front or behind me. Going through the rest of the lap I tried to maintain a good pace, but I knew that Genevieve was getting closer to me. And right before the finish of the 2nd lap she passed me, putting me in 3rd. I hung onto her wheel as we went through the single track, but I knew if I wanted 2nd place I would need to make a move soon, so on the fire road I picked up the pace which allowed me to put a gap between us. Through out the rest of the lap I was by myself. Then I got to the finish line and finished with my best varsity placement yet, 2nd.
Overall this race was fun and exciting. And I cannot wait to race at vail for the next two weekends. Great job to everyone that raced and thank you to my coaches, family, and sponsors! Thank you Ellsworth Bikes, Rudy Project, Kenda tires, ESI grips, Physiophyx, Ryno power, Scicon bags, and ASG sports for all of your support!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

State Championships