Golden State Series Bonelli

On Wednesday I met up with my team to go preride the course. I thought the course was fun, but it was also difficult because it was mostly steep and short climbs. Like the weekend before it was a double race weekend and the day after bonelli I would race the socal league at vail. So on Friday I packed all the things I would need for the weekend and then woke up saturday and it was time to get ready for bonelli.
We arrived around 8:30, then had to register. After registering time went by pretty fast, and then it was time to warm up, we did a 20 min warm up then took a little loop of the course and headed down to the staging area.
On the start line I was pretty nervous and it was getting pretty hot. And then it was time to go. On the first lap, which each lap is around 4 miles, I tried to stay as close to my sister as possible. And throughout the first two laps I was not right behind her, but I could see her a little ahead. By the end of the 2nd lap I could definently feel the heat getting to me, and I started to slow down.
Going through the finish of the 2nd lap and starting my last lap, I got water from the feed zone, like I did every other lap and to be honest I wanted the race to end, but of course I had to finish. On that last lap I could feel myself slowing the pace then some girls started passing me so I worked to catch up to them.
By the end of the race I was 2 seconds off 8th place,but at the finish I was happy it was over, but just because I didn't feel my best I still had a great time racing because every day on a bike is a good time. After the race I spun out and then it was time to do it all again the next day so it was time to recover and prepare for vail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Socal Race #4 Victory at Vail

State Championships