SoCal League Race #1 Lake Perris

Going into to the race weekend I was super excited and nervous because it has been a while since I raced, and I didn't know how I would do. I pre-rode the course on Friday and Saturday  before the race. Coming Saturday I realized how much I missed the SoCal events and this made me even more excited to race. Before I knew it, it was race morning and it was time to get ready.

I woke up around 7:00am, ate breakfast, and started to pack up to leave to Perris. We arrived around 8:45am and it was time to prep for my race and also cheer on my teammates who raced in the first wave. I continued to hydrate and watch the races until it was time to get ready to race. I put on my race plate (which was 115, and that my B-Day so that's pretty cool), get on all my amazing Rudy project riding gear, and hop of my awesome Ellsworth Enlightenment to start to warm up.  After a nice warm up I headed down to the staging area and before I knew it we were getting staged. I ended up getting my number called last, so I started in the back, but luckily our field is not too large. We rolled up too the start and it was go time!

The first lap started off pretty slow, as we made our way up the climb. I was in a top 6 position through out the first part of the climb, then we sped up a little at the top of the climb and went down the fun single track. So thankful to have such wonderful Kenda tires on my bike to give me just the right grip on the course. As we went through the beach section I could everyone cheering us on, which motivated me. As I went onto the next lap I was in 4th place.

The second lap we started to pick up the pace until the top 5 riders (including myself) had a gap on 6th and 7th. This lap we went up the climb at a good pace and sped up for the end of the climb and down the single track again heading to finish our second lap. I could see how excited everyone was when I crossed the beach and then we began the third and final lap.

Top 5 girls were still together until the top of the final climb. Everyone started sprinting to the top, and Marjie and Gabbi both had a little gap on me, but I pushed on the down hill and was pretty close to them and so was Maddy. All the girls started to sprint through the beach and feed zone until the finish. I knew it was the final push so I continued to sprint and landed myself with a 4th place in Varsity girls.

Overall this race went pretty great considering having no idea how I would do, and for having a cold. I am happy to start the race season with a podium finish. I am super proud of all my teammates who raced and it was pretty exciting having 4 out of the 5 varsity podium spots being SoCal Devo girls. I am super excited to see what this season holds for me and cannot wait to race again!!! Thank you to all my sponsors, coaches, and family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships