Socal Race #4 Victory at Vail

After Bonelli it was time to rest up and drive to vail. So right after the race I started my recovery process for the race the next day. After getting a good nights rest, Alyssa and I woke up a little early ate breakfast  and headed off on to our preride. During the ride we took it nice and easy then stopped and practiced lines, especially on the  downhill of the varsity add on. I really enjoyed the course and was excited to race in a couple hours.
While Sitting at the team pit I started to get nervous, and started to get all my things ready to race. After this I started to warm up, it wasn’t long before I was warm due to the heat. After the warm up it  was time to stage. Luckily I was the first number called after call ups.
It started off fast with everyone trying to get a top spot into the single track, and I managed to get a top 5 spot into the single track. I kept up, pacing myself because I knew I had 3 laps. And then my sister caught up and started to pass me. By this time it was the begging of the varsity climb. Top 4 took off a little a head and so did my sister so the first lap was a chasing game, trying to catch up. By the end of the single track on my 2nd lap I caught up to my sister.
We went up the fire road together pushing to catch up the the people in front of us. By the end of the fire road I decided to sprint to the single track downhill to get in front of Alyssa and to put myself in 5th. I was hoping to drop her on the down hill but she stayed behind me for the rest of the lap
Lap three was definitely the hardest because of my legs getting tired, especially from the day before. In the middle of the lap I was in 6th with my sister with a little lead on me, by the end of the lap I got closer to her. But not close enough. I finished with a 6th.
This race in my opinion went well, so far my 2nd best finish in varsity. Would have liked to be on the podium, but I had tons of fun with my friends, family, and team. Could have done it without them and the support of our amazing sponsors. Next up Sea Otter!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships