Golden State Series Fontana Cat 1

Fontana was for sure on of the most technical courses I have raced, but it was lots of fun.
The morning started off by waking up early and getting ready to start the double race weekend, I had to pack for keyesville too because we were leaving straight there from fontana. Going into this race I had no clue what the competition would be like since this was my first Cat 1 race. After eating breakfast and packing everything into the truck it was time to head off to fontana to race. When we got there I had to register and get ready to warm up. After Warming up it was time to head down to staging and race!!!
On the start line I could feel the nerves as it got closer and closer to the time of the start. There was about 14 girls in my category on the start and before I knew it it was go time! We took off fast and up the course we go. On the first lap I felt strong, however it was getting pretty hot and the climbs felt long. I was proud of how I flowed through the downhill because technical downhill has always been something I struggle with but I can definently tell that I have improved in these last couple months! My favorite part was going through out the course and having so many people cheer me on, I love all the support from my friends, family and team. As I finished up my first lap I started to feel more tired but I knew my sister was only a little ways ahead of me so I tried making up time.
 On the rode climb I could definetly tell that I was starting to slow down but I wasn't ready to give up so I tried to push myself harder. Because it was getting hotter I slowed down on the first couple of climbs but then I knew that the only way to end the pain was to finish faster so I sped up and rushed down the hills, at some moments I could see my sister but I knew the finish was near. As I went through the finish with a 7th place I was not thrilled with how I did, but I did have lots of fun on the course and after racing it was time to recovery and get ready for the race the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships