SoCal Endurance 12 Hour Race 1/27/18

This race was for sure the best way to start off the 2018 season, I  had lots of fun on course and hanging out with my team. Though I did not feel my best, due to a cold, I definitely had an amazing time!
The morning of I woke up at 5:00 am and started the day off with some oatmeal and some eggs, after breakfast I started to pack up all my gear, which was super quick and easy with my scicon gear bag. After everything was loaded we took off. When we got there I met up with my teammates to register, we did a 12 hour 4 person ladies team, which I did with my sister Alyssa, Hayley Richards, and Coach Heather. After getting registered, we got our kits, which are super nice (thanks Ftech). After that we hung out and watched Hayley Richards take off on the first lap of the day. After Hayley got back Alyssa went out on lap number 2, then after her it was my turn to do my share.

 My first lap started pretty smooth, however it took a while to get warmed up. Because I did not pre-ride the course before it was fun just to take it as a surprise, this course was super fun with flowy downhill, single track, and one main climb. My Ellsworth Enlightenment worked like a charm on this course. On this lap I tried to not take it to hard because I did not know how close the ending was and because I was sick, but overall this lap was super fun, especially at the end when I could hear my whole team cheering when I came in.

My Second lap started nice and into the lap I decided to try to keep up with this one rider who was going pretty fast. I stayed with them through out the whole lap and passed them near the end. This lap felt a little faster, especially knowing all the sections helped because then I could go faster. The downhill was faster too, I am loving my kenda tires and the way they ride the trails. Then again the lap ended with my team cheering at the end.

My third lap was slower then the first two because I could start to feel it in my legs. The 6 hour ended before this lap so many people had left and for most of the lap so there was only like one other person near me during this lap. During the end of the lap I caught up to one of my team mates, Ethan Sanchez, who did a 12 hour solo. And we both came into the finish right next to each other, then I passed the race baton to Hayley Richards.


My last lap started when there was just a little of light left in the sky so I could kinda see what was coming up, but I was using my lights so I could see what was right in front of me. By the end of the first little climb it started to get completely dark. It was really fun racing at night, it was a great way to end a great race.

After my laps it was great to hang out with my team and make some memories. We got on the podium with a first place and so did the guys socal devo team. I am so proud of my sister with getting the fastest lap time of the day for women and how well all my team members did. Thank you to all our sponsors!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships