Lake Perris SoCal Race #1 2018

On the morning of the race I woke up nervous but excited. I wanted to see how my hard work of pre-season training would pay-off. I began the day by getting up at 6:30, then it was time to get ready. After packing up it was time to leave. When I got there I went to my team pit and sat down and relaxed for a while to prep myself for my race. Before I knew it it was time to warm up. After warming up I left for staging and I was ready to race.
When I got to staging I saw my competition, some familiar faces and some not, I was anxious to race.
This was my first race in varsity so I was wondering what 3 laps would be like. When lining up I tried to stay warm especially since it was cold and windy. After staging we rolled up to the start and the race begun!
As we took off, it was slower then I imagined because there was some winds and no one wanted to lead, but as soon as we hit the dirt the pace increased. On the climb I stayed with the lead pack up until a little before the end of the hill, I pushed and throughout the rest of the first lap tried to catch up. I finally caught up at the road climb of the second lap, the pack of me and 7 other girls slowed down for a bit then I guess it was time to sprint. Everyone sprinted for the hill, the first 4 girls were in a pack then shortly after them there was a seconded pack of 3, including my sister, and then there was me. I spent the climb trying to catch up to the packs, though it was tough fighting the winds by myself. As I was getting towards the top I could see my competition in the distance so I pushed to the top of the hill and started heading down the single track. As I was pedaling down hill my legs felt like they were on fire. I made it to the beach, after the downhill and was cheered on by many friends, family and teammates. I went through feed zone and tried to get a bottle but the cap fell off so i tried to drink as much water then chucked it to the side. As I went through the finish line I knew that the last lap would be tough. I stayed in my position of 8th for the whole last lap, with the pack insight and no one too close behind I pushed by myself and when I felt like giving up I tried to push even harder. I made it to the top of the hill then flew down the hill and on to the beach. As I made it to the finish line I was tired but glad the pain was over.
My Ellsworth Enlightenment and Kenda tires preformed great on course and I was looking my best with my Rudy project helmet and glasses, so thankful to all of my sponsors. Overall I was not too thrilled with my placement but defiantly it was a fun race and I am super excited to be racing vail this weekend and the weekend after that. Shout-out to everyone who made the day amazing. So stoked that season it finally here, hoping to improve and give it my all. So proud of how my team did and also very proud of my fellow Socal Devo members and their achievements! It shall be a great season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships