2018 SoCal Devo Camp

Day 1: On day one everyone on the team, including parents showed up to Coach Jason’s house at 6:00 pm. Going into this night I was very excited to meet all my team members and get to know more about SoCal DEVO. First when I got there I met my team mates and also some people from Ellsworth bikes. Then everyone ate dinner and a former rider from the DEVO team spoke about collage cycling, after coach Passed out all our new riding gear for the season, I was very grateful to the team and all our sponsors receiving all the new gear and I can’t wait to use/ race in it all. After we got all the gear coach J went through a power point explaining the season and the races we will be doing. Shortly after, all the parents left and the whole team hung out for a couple hours then we all went to bed.

Day 2: Day 2 started by waking up at 7:15, getting ready, and going to the park for a morning upper body/ stretching workout. I was pretty tired when we first got to the park because I didn’t sleep much the night before because I was nervous and excited for the next day but after getting warmed up with the work out I was ready for the tough workouts later in the day. After we were done all of us left to coach J’s to go eat breakfast and get ready to go to vail to do some training. When we got to vail coach J explained what we would be doing that day, we first started off with doing the dam climb twice, on theses climbs I felt pretty good, then went we were on the top we took some team pictures then took off to practice technical up and down hill. At first I was kinda scared because technical downhill is something I need more practice on, but after practicing in a few spots I felt more comfortable with the rocky sections. After that we went to the cars to get something to eat and to get more water. Then it was time for a few short tracks, I also felt pretty good on these. After theses we practiced burms and using momentum to go up steep hills. The last thing we did at vail was trying to make it up this very steep hill, I didn’t try it out but it was fun watching my teammates try to make it up. When we got back to coach’s house we ate lunch, showered then watched some pretty awesome MTB videos and talked more about the team this year. Then it was time for dinner, we had spaghetti, my favorite! The night ended with watching super cross for 3 hours and hanging out with the team.

Day 3: Day 3 started by waking up to the national anthem and music. Then like the day before we went to the park to work out, we did mostly lower body. After that we ate breakfast and got ready to go to Greer. We left from coaches house and road there. On this ride some past devo members joined us. We started out by doing a fast pace loop, then started riding up some trails. Theses trails were lots of fun, especially the down hill. After riding theses trails I definitely feel more confident on technical downhill, some of the rocky sections we did I am suprised I was able to do them. After such a fun ride we went back to eat lunch then headed to a pump track in lake Elsinore, it was exciting because I have never ridden in one before. After some laps we headed back and ended such a great weekend with a little team meeting. I am so blessed to be on such a great team with such fast and amazing  people. Overall this weekend was super great and I cannot wait to see what this season has in store for me and my teammates

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships