SoCal league finals at Tehachapi

This race was the last race of the socal league, besides states in two weeks where we verse NorCal. Going into this race I was really excited because Tehachapi is one of my favorite courses because of its fun single tract downhills. We decided to leave Saturday morning to drive out to the race. It took about 3 hours to get there. When we got there we went to eat then went to the venue to go pre ride the course, but when we got to the venue it was around 2 and the middle schoolers were about to race so we decided to come back later that day to pre ride. In between this time I just took it easy and rested and made sure to stay off my feet. When got to the venue around 5 to preride. Alyssa and I went through the course picking lines and talking strategies. Midway through the pre ride I noticed my tire getting low so I used my güp to try to fix it, but the sidewalk tair was too big. So the rest of the pre ride consisted of stopping and putting more air in it, with the help of some of my yucaipa high team mates. But I was able to complete the pre ride lap then it was time to go to our hotel and eat dinner. After dinner I got ready for the next day by making sure everything was set out and ready to go for the next day, after this I went to bed.
The next morning I woke up around 7:00am got dressed, ate breakfast then headed to the venue. Luckily my coach was able to bring me a new tire and put it on for me the morning of the race. Then it was time to chill and hydrate before it was time to warm up. During this time I hanged out at my team’s pit and thought about my goals for this race. After a few hours it was time to warm up and then go to staging. For staging my number was called last because I was ranked 6th overall and they only did top five, but it was ok because there were only three rows of girls. On the start line I tried to keep my legs warm by moving around, but also tried to stay cool because the heat was rising.
Before I knew it we were off. We took off at a good pace going into the longish climb ahead. During the last part of the climb I was in 8th right behind my sister and Madysen Rails. Through the lap they got a little farther and farther ahead, but I could still see them. I could also see top 5 but there were going fast! My goal was to catch up so that is what I tried to do during the first and second lap. I got closer and closer to my sister. I ended up finishing just 9 seconds behind her in 8th, though I didn’t get my goal of a podium finish I was still happy and had a fun time out on course
Overall I think this socal season went well, I got 7 th overall... not my best but varsity is definitely full of some super fast girls. I cannot wait till next year to sea what the 2019 season holds. But this season was full of fun and amazing races. I am so proud of how well my team mates did, especially Hunter and Jonah, who took the win in there fields. Yucaipa overall got 2nd for d1 teams and Yucaipa also got first for most consistent girls. This season was definitely one to remember!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake

State Championships