State Championships

Season X is over, but I’m happy to leave it on a good note. We left on Friday right after school to state champs in Petaluma, which was a long drive and where arrived around 11:00 pm, after arriving at our hotel about 30 mins away from the venue it was time to get some sleep. 
Saturday morning we got up early, ate breakfast and got ready to head out to pre ride the course. I got to the venue around 11:30. Then we went on a pre ride with coach Brian, the preride went smoothly except crashing on a dusty turn. The course was exactly the same as the year before, but not as bumpy. This course was not my personal favorite because all the bumps but the scenery is beautiful and racing it was pretty fun the year before so I was excited to see what I could do the next day. After the preride it was time to wash my bike, and get into the pre race routine. 
On Sunday morning I had to wake up earlier than usual because girls raced first, which I was not used to. I woke up around 6:00am and got to the venue around 7:30 after eating and packing up all my things I needed to race with. Because of racing early the morning felt very rushed, but after warming up it was time to get down to call ups, where I had a 15th place call up. 
We took off pretty fast, and because of so many girls, for the first lap I didn’t know what place I was in until I heard I was sitting around 10th place. The first lap mainly consisted of me leading a pack of around 5 girls, this lasted until the start of the 2nd lap. 
In the second lap Genevieve passed me so I let her lead for a while then up the climb we switched off until I decided to sprint ahead. Then I was with two NorCal girls, where I lead them through the rest of the 2 nd lap. I soon found out I was in 9th, and I was happy to hear I was top ten. 
On the last lap up the climb I stayed with 2 NorCal girls until it was just me and one of the NorCal girls. Up ahead I could see Madysen Rails so I tried to catch her the rest of the lap. After the down hill I was still in 9th until the girl behind me decided to pass about a mile before the finish, so I tried to keep on her wheel. She started to get a little gap, but I could see the finish so I sprinted hard and managed to beat her by a second. 

Overall I was happy to get top ten in varsity state champs, but of course I would have been more up there, but this year has been a huge learning experience for me and I’m excited what I can bring my final socal season next year. I want to thank all my sponsors; Ellsworth bikes, esi grips, Rudy project, sidi shoes, Asg sport, ftech, Kenda tires, GÜP industries, Ryno power, and ride fast wheels. Thanks for making my season go smooth with all your amazing products and support. I would also like to thank the Devo team for making my year super fun and also the coaches on devo, especially Coach J for making sure my bike is always running good and for being a great coach. And big shoutout to my biggest supporter, my dad, couldn’t have done this season without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SoCal League Race #2 Vail Lake